This course is intended to provide students with a broad range of basic knowledge and skills to embark onto the hospitality or tourism sector. Students will be required to understand the operation and environment of hospitality and tourism business and will have the opportunities to contextualize the contemporary practices in F&B, hotel front office, accommodation and housekeeping services.
The course will not only lay a good foundation to students for entering the relevant career but also prepare them for further studies in related discipline. Students will also be provided with an essential understanding to life and work on a cruise ship, and also exposed to knowledge of the business and management of ocean liners.
In addition to being introduced to the wider world of the hospitality industry , irrespective of land based or sea based , students will be studying specialist operational elements such as front office , customer service, housekeeping , event management and photography.
- Introduction to Hospitality Industry
- Food & Beverage Management
- Food & Beverage Service Operations
- Food & Beverage Cost Control
- Housekeeping Operations
- Front Office Operations
- Event Management
- Sales Associates
- Introduction to Tourism
- Fundamentals of Travel Agency Management
My Future & Opportunities
- Restaurant Crew Hospitality Trainer
- Catering Owners Club Supervisor
- Bartender & Beverage Event Management
- Work on Board Cruise Liners
- Reputable Hotels in Malaysia and Abroad
Who Should Attend
- Age 16 and above with Secondary School leaving certificate.
- SPM completion students
- Basic English communication
- 18 years old with complete senior secondary schools or equivalent
- Good command and fluency in English
Programme Duration (12 months)
- 6 months interactive theory & practical
- 6 months internship