This course is aimed at graduate who are keen to make a career as chef in the hotels, restaurants or cruise industry. F&B Service background students who are interested to switch over to culinary are also eligible. The curriculum focuses right from basics, intermediate to the advanced level in the culinary industry.
The course is designed to equip students with the knowledge and skills needed for a successful career in the hospitality operations part of a cruise, as well as providing an essential understanding of elements relating to life and work on a cruise ship. In addition to being introduced to the wider world of the cruise industry, its history, players, customers, regulations, concerns such as safety, security, professionalism etc., students will be studying specialist operational elements such as front office, customer service, effective communication, essential information technology skills etc.
Students who then continue to the Hospitality and Cruise Ship Management Diploma course will enhance their knowledge of the business and management of ocean cruises and operational issues involved, but also approach wider managerial issues such as personnel management, organizational behaviour, research methods etc. at an advanced level.
- safety, Hygiene & Sanitation
- Stocks, Sauces, Soups, Vegetables, Poultry, Fish and Meats cuts.
- Appetizers, Sandwiches, Salads and Dressing
- Fundamentals of Foods
- Principles of Culinary Management
- Introduction to International Cuisine
- International Cookery and Recipe
- Purchasing of Hospitality Resources
- Introduction to Beverage Operation
- Design of Food & Beverage Product and Menu Planning
- Cost Control for Food & Beverage Industry
- Soft Skills for Cruise Management
Who Should Attend
- Age 16 and above with Secondary School leaving certificate.
- SPM completion students
- Basic English communication
- 18 years old with complete senior secondary schools or equivalent
- Good command and fluency in English
Programme Duration (12 months)
- 6 months interactive theory & practical
- 6 months internship
My Future & Opportunities
- Work on board cruise liners
- Reputable hotels in Malaysia or Singapore
- Catering Owner
- Restaurant Manager
- Bartenders & Beverage Managers
- Culinary Art & Food & Beverage Instructors